So food and I aren't getting along lately. I'm sick of it. Planning meals= ick. We've had tons of farmstand produce all summer and lots of grilling but I'm just tired of it, honestly. And for more complaining...
This gluten free thing is getting old too, particularly for breakfast. Try finding cereal without wheat in it, besides Chex. Umm, not happening. And don't get me started on the 'special' gluten free expensive cereals. I've tried some of those and they're gross.
And now that school has started, my lovely healthy smoothies are a distant memory. There's just not enough time in the morning. Ugh.
Good thing I found these...apple cinnamon raisin millet buns. They smell amazing warming up in the toaster.
And these too...
I haven't had a cinnamon bun in over 2 years! These are as close to the original and they are incredible. The outside layer is a bit dry but the inside one is oh so gooey and tremendous.
Obviously the problem here is that I can't eat this stuff on a regular basis, talk about too many carbs! I need to come up with a new strategy with our school schedule and I've pretty much over done it with greek yogurt so that's out for a while.
Solution, I hope: I found a gluten free cookbook at the library today so I'm hoping new recipes will give me a much needed spark in the food department. And if any of them are a hit, I'll definitely share.
Good news...I've now lost 7.5 lbs on this biggest loser journey even with these indulgent breakfasts. Yeehaw!!
3 comments:
that is so awesome that you have lost so much already! very inspiring, actually :)
i got in a meal cooking slump a few weeks ago, i was like, i am DONE. and doing it gf, ugh. thank goodness for udi's!! i'll have to tell my mom about those cinnamon rolls.
oh, sometimes i make up a bunch of breakfast burritos on the weekend and then freeze them to just grab and micro in the morning. you could use a gf tortilla or just eat the eggs/sausage/cheese/etc in a bowl or maybe just do an egg on gf toast? breakfast is always hard for me, too!
I LOVE that breakfast burrito idea. Working 2 days a week, I need quick and easy. I definitely need to make those and now I want one too! :) Every once in a while I buy spelt tortillas, if I don't eat too many in one week, the gluten doesn't bother me.
ps-I finally tried udi bread too and I LOVE IT! It's sooo good, thanks for recommending it!
Post a Comment