Wednesday, December 31, 2008

to my big brother George, the richest man in town.

What have we been up to? Well, we spent most of Christmas eve eve and Christmas eve day working on this.

We stole this idea from our good friend, Velvet.It's a car playmat for our nephews, ages: 5,3 and 1. We also got them some matchbox cars to go with it. Hubs did all the layout and drew all the buildings and did some coloring. Rachel and I did the rest of the coloring with plain old non-washable markers. My mom graciously double-stitched the edges since we had folded over a huge piece of white denim fabric to make it more sturdy.
I drew in important things like clouds, a kitty, grass, snowman and a Red Sox logo. (:
It was really fun making it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed coloring! (I took out the name of the park since it's their last name.) You can click on the picture to see the detail.


We headed to my parent's house for Christmas eve dinner, then came back home and watched, "It's a Wonderful Life".

Christmas morning at home!!

Look at all the loot! Several of these gifts were also from Hubs' fam.





Then we went to my parent's house for yet more presents, Christmas dinner, naps, snowtime. What a fun day!






This is Hubs pushing Rachel all the way down the hill. (:

Tonight, we're going to a New Years Eve party at a friend's house. All the kids will play games and watch movies and then hopefully conk out at some point. The adults, pretty much the same thing. (:

Tomorrow, we go to my parent's house yet again for a New Years Day filled with food and games and more merriment.

And right now, I'm watching this.




Happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

love the car mat :) that is a great design feature, with the circle in the middle. may have to steal that...
glad you guys are having so much fun! and love that rachel got twister :)