Then, our 10 year old car needed major repair to pass inspection so I didn't have a car for 2 days during school vacation and felt rather stranded. We got our car back and then later that night a hurricane-type wind storm came through and we lost power for almost 4 days. Gusts of wind in this area were recorded around 70mph. Fortunately we have public water so we did have running water, very cold water. And, we have our woodstove for heat so it could've been much worse but it was still exhausting too.
Here is the pole that feeds electricity to our neighborhood. Not good.
I was overjoyed when these guys showed up.
They worked in our neighborhood for 6 hours. We saw trucks from Indiana, Pennsylvania and Ontario. A huge percentage of our state lost power from that storm. I wish we didn't need to rely on it so much but it really is such a convenience!
I am so glad the month of February is over! It started out great-celebrating my birthday and ended not so great.
Hopefully we're back to normal, last week came and went without incident so that was good. :)
1 comment:
eek! i don't think i could take those new england winters...glad the power is back on - what a pain!!
Post a Comment