Friday, April 9, 2010

today is more than me

Rachel stayed home from school today, she had a sore throat for a few days and now has a runny nose and cough. Full-blown cold. Yuck. I too have had a sore throat for a few days but so far, that's it and I'd like to make sure it doesn't progress. Emma started sneezing a lot today and appears to be getting a runny nose as well. Triple yuck.

So, the three of us were together all day at home and it turned out to be interesting.

First, I made these delightful gluten free peanut butter cookies.
Really, really good.

And not too soon after, I heard a fair amount of commotion going on and lots of, "Emma! Emma! Don't do that! MOMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

You have to understand...I get reporting on a seemingly minute by minute basis where this type of 'alert' is involved. But, then this caught my attention:

"Emma got on my top bunk!"

What? How is that even possible? We had taken off a rung of the ladder over a year ago. So I go in their room and there she is, sitting on Rachel's bed with Rachel. Unbelievable.

So I did what every mother does...I took her down and asked her to show me how she did it. Oh and I took pictures. That's what moms do, right?
All I can say is, this child needs to be in gymnastics. Before she showed me, she SWUNG her legs back and forth holding onto Rachel's siderail, like she was doing a chin-up. Seriously.

And then she began. She stood on her siderail and literally pulled herself up with her arms.

I love Rachel's reaction.



Later on it was naptime. I told Emma she had to sleep on her own bed. She was quiet for 1.5 hours and I thought, well that's good, she's probably tired and with all the cold symptoms, she's probably just rundown. So I go to get her, I don't know why I was so startled but there she was, sitting on Rachel's bed. I have no idea if she climbed up there right away or later or if she slept at all.

Hubs will be taking Emma's siderail off tonight. We have one of those portable ones that are too high and too flimsy to stand on. Oh good grief, I hope she doesn't try to use that!

Honestly, I think most of the white hairs coming in are from Miss Trouble-disguised in a cute little package!

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

hee hee. i love that girl :)

Tenny said...

she and gabriel REALLY seem like 2 peas in a pod. two very scary peas in a pod.

Mary Beth said...

tenny-maybe we should get together and see them in action? :)

Tenny said...

we definitely should! i think it would be funny to see a "girl gabey." does your rachel have vacation in april? i just checked out a place that has chickens and goats and they do tours and meet the animals stuff. i think it's near peterborough. i was thinking of a field trip. i'm not sure when we'd be going. haven't worked out the details yet.

but yes, playdate? does E like dogs? because our dog would love her(instant licking height).