Thursday, June 25, 2009

back to reality

So we got back from vacation last Friday. Yikes. Where has the time gone? Vacation was completely wonderful and completely too short. Wah...

I finally downloaded (not even joking) the 197 pictures from our vacation. Of course probably half of them need to be deleted but I was too tired to make any decisions at the time.

We got to the glorious mountains Monday afternoon in the rain and left Friday morning also in the rain. Tuesday and Wednesday were perfect, sunshiny and not too hot and Thursday was also rain. And by the way, today is the first time we've seen the sun since last Wednesday. Yeah, it's been raining alot here.
Where was I? Oh, vacation.

Brace yourself for tons of pics.

Our accomodations:
Pretty fancy ski resort with pretty nice non-winter rates especially since we went there before the summer rates kicked in.

Spirally staircase to our lofty room.


The girls room. Rachel was thrilled because there was a little tv in there but I'm pretty sure she never even watched it. We brought Emma's bed gate and she was just fine on her bed.


And now I could go on and on about the view from our little balcony. We took tons of pictures of it because it was so breath-taking. To be able to look out and not see buildings, roads or people...I could've sat out there for hours.

Our first view in the rain.

The next morning.

Tuesday afternoon-don't those clouds look like marshmallows?

Wednesday morning we were up at the crack of dawn, not on purpose. You can blame this...Not a cloud in the sky.

Thurday-here comes the rain again.


Ok you get the idea-but seriously, God's creation is just gorgeous!

Did I mention the kids were with us? Ha ha.Plenty more pics of the kiddos and Storyland and playgrounds and pools but enough for today.

2 comments:

jtaco said...

Can't wait to see more pictures! Looks like a great condo! I'd love to come some year. Beautiful scenery too....

Tenny said...

yeah!!! glad the rain did hold off, if only just a bit. and happy anniversary!!!!!!!