Friday, June 12, 2009

this is no longer a vacation...it's a quest!

Is this thing on?

Remember Memorial Day? Yup finally posting pictures. Our state flower is the purple lilac and I thought it would be fun to finish up Rachel's homeschooling with a field trip to a lilac festival. My mother-in-law was visiting for the weekend too which made it extra special.
After church, we scooted over to Maine to eat here and might I add, it was wicked good food. (:


It is said that the first purple lilacs planted in the US were planted here in 1750. Wenworth-Coolidge Mansion in Portsmouth NH. We got to tour the mansion too.








Can't you just imagine the petticoats and parasols? The horse-drawn carriages on these grounds? I love history.

Moving on...
Here's some good news: I got Rachel's portfolio done last week for her homeschooling evaluation which went really well. Those wee hours in the morning getting it done were worth it, although I'm still catching up on sleep. I'll share some pics of it sometime soon.
I've also been working alot to get a project done at work and that also finished this week.
Now I'm trying to catch up on sleep, put away Rachel's school stuff and get the house cleaned. Next up-our very first REAL family VACATION!!!

I am so excited. We've had vacations before but always with family, staying with family or friends and since Hubs' job used to be commission based-he always worked part of it. He either went back into the office for a day or two (if we were close enough) or he was on the phone, etc...This is our first week long paid vacation and staying somewhere completely on our own. We are so excited and thrilled and just about giddy. (:
We set aside some of our tax return money (of course we could of used it for bills...) and we're heading up north in the mountains for 4 nights. We're staying at a ski resort place (pretty good rates in the summer) with heated indoor and outdoor pools, there's a playground and we're renting a condo type place with a kitchen and separate bedroom for the girls. The main attraction in the area is this wonderful place. Storyland. We took Rachel there a few years ago and it is the best park for families with small children. Plus we can go there one day after 2pm and then go a whole other day on the same ticket. Oh yea, we are totally doing that.
I will definitely be posting pics after we get back.

5 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

that is awesome that you are taking a family vaca!! it sounds TOTALLY fun - i want to go to storyland! your girls are gonna have so much fun :)
and isn't it SO nice to get those projects complete! i'm happy for you!

Tenny said...

that sounds like so much fun!!! my cousin used to go to storyland every year(we never did), so i think it might be time to do it! and i hear you about "real" vacation. although, i'm not sure i'll be up for one anytime soon:)

Mary Beth said...

velvet- thanks. i didn't even mention all the long hours Adam has been putting in lately too. can't wait to get out of here! (:

tenny-you should take the clan there. they even have separate nursing moms ROOMS off the bathrooms there. oh yea, they've thought of everything. (:

jtaco said...

MB, I am soooo glad to hear your vacation is just around the corner! I bet you're bustin' at the seams to get there :) Hope you have an awesome time!!!!! Enjoy every minute of it!

Mary Beth said...

Thanks jtaco! I'm trying to pack now. I feel like we're taking half the house. (: