Monday, June 29, 2009

where your story begins!


Oh Storyland, how we love you. I can't say enough about this place. It's just for kids, no big rides so the only people there are families. No bad language or inappropriately dressed people. It's clean and the food is geared towards kids, you can get PBJs, mac-n-cheese, juice boxes...We packed a lunch in a cooler and went back to the van to get it, they let you do that. Strollers-they have free ones you can use or bring your own. Most rides even have an area where you can 'park' them. No one touches them, it's the whole "do unto others" concept and it works. Also, we went early in the season so there weren't many people there. There were a few rides we went on twice in a row.

Now for some pictures.

One of my favorites. Rachel didn't know we were going to Storyland so the surprise was just too sweet. We had gone to the pool in the morning and I kind of watched the clock to make sure we got back to our place for lunch and then head off to Storyland for the afternoon. You can go in the afternoon one day and then go a whole other day on the same ticket. Rachel was not happy to have to leave the pool and couldn't understand what we could be doing that was more fun than swimming. I got the camera ready when we pulled into the Storyland parking lot and asked her to read the sign. This was her reaction. Ahh, too much fun!

Emma was rejoicing too eventhough she had no clue except that Rachel was excited. Apparently, "We're number one!"





A ride in Cinderella's pumpkin coach up to Cinderella's castle. Rachel noted that it wasn't slimy at all. Phew!



The kids danced to the music while we waited for the pumpkin coach to come back.

Emma's classic gymnastics pose.


If only I knew how Emma really felt. (:





There were a lot more pictures but you get the idea. I can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

your girls look like they just loved it! and i like seeing pix of you and adam, too! :)

Mary Beth said...

thanks, I always think I look like an idiot in pics.