I'm multi-tasking today, and that's different from...This post is 2 fold, pics of this past weekend and about food.
Strangely enough, I lost weight over the weekend eventhough we drove for 6 hours, ate from fast food and ate fancypants food all weekend. How you say? I pretty much ate fish, chicken and veggies all weekend and it was divine. Seriously, it was. Well, that and some cheesecake. (:
We were so crazy busy since Hubs was the best man that we ate 3 meals every day and that's it. No snacks, no time.
We had brought apples and bananas with us which basically served as our breakfast and I got a yogurt fruit parfait thingy on the way. For lunch, a carefully chosen chicken salad and for the rehearsal dinner I had a grape and sunflower seed salad (with balsamic vinaigrette), and selected baked mahi mahi with veggies (no potatoes-to be gluten free) and for dessert, cheesecake and I avoided the crust. That was Friday.
Saturday-yogurt and rice krispies, a banana for breakfast. Lunch-salad, herb grilled salmon and broccoli, pumpkin cheesecake (can't get enough cheesecake these days!). Dinner-at the wedding reception, butternut squash soup (yum!), baked chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, apple tart-just skimmed off some of the apple part, left the tart. The sweet potatoes were the first substantial starch I had even since Thursday.
I drank h2o all weekend and coffee. I had one little cup of soda at the wedding.
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about adding fish to my diet! I hate fish, except tuna. I do not like fishy fish-haddock or seafood (bottom feeders like lobster, yuck.) But, I know how incredibly healthy it is and filled with protein, omega 3, etc. So over the summer I added salmon to my diet because it's not super fishy tasting. I haven't actually prepared it at home yet but I have eaten it from time to time while we are eating out or even at work. Yup, they started wellness meals that are 500 calories or less and for employees it's only $2.50. Benefits of working at a hospital. They make a maple glazed salmon with veggies that is really good. They also had a wellness sampling day and that's when I tried mahi mahi for the first time and it was also very good which is why I ordered that for the rehearsal dinner. Mahi mahi has an insane amount of protein, a 3 oz. piece has about 25 grams of protein. My portion at the dinner was probably about double that. I was so full!! But not full enough to skip the cheesecake. (:
Now I need to start buying salmon and mahi mahi and make it at home. First, I need to find some recipes (please send them my way if you have any) and actually afford it.
And another thing, do you consciously chew eat bite of food 30 times? I've started doing that. I eat slower, taste more and it substantially breaks down the food before it even gets to my stomach. I feel so much better and it's so simple. Try it, you'll be surprised.
On to pictures...
Rehearsal dinner
Wedding
Check out these 2 jokers. (:
We had a great time and got some extra rest and relaxation that we desperately needed. Three full days away from the kids was too long for me though and for the kids. Emma is dealing with abandonment issues, seriously, she doesn't trust us. She's been glued to my hip since we got back. I've put together this whole post off and on all morning with the laptop on the kitchen counter so she can see me but not touch it. I've also had to lay down next to her for her to go to sleep at night. Not that I'm complaining...I'm glad she needs me for now. (:
**ps-A very big thank you to my parents for taking care of the girls and to my in-laws for helping us out financially with the trip. We couldn't have done it all without you!**
6 comments:
Great pics! And way to go on the weigh loss!!! The halloween candy is KILLING me!!!! It's how I start my day and end it, ugh! Fish is defnitely good for you, but like you the cost is my big problem, yikes! However, I have found that tilapia is cheaper (non fishy too - my kids love it) and they freeze it. Lots of times I get it buy one get one free in the freezer section. Keep your eyes out for it and maybe your stores do it too :)
Thanks. I haven't tried tilapia before so I will definitely be on the lookout. We have no candy here b/c we weren't here!! (:
i have a great brown sugar recipe for salmon. yum!! i'll send it your way. and i agree with jtaco, tilapia is much cheaper. i've also found it and mahimahi at bjs for a great price per pound(way cheaper than the grocery store).
also, i almost always cook fish in aluminum foil "packet" with spices, maybe add some lemon as well. it's never dry, just an "fyi."
i'm glad you had such a good time! and kudos on the good eats! you did waaay better than i would have done. and seriously, cheesecake sounds soooo good right now!!
i second (third?) the tilapia - it's the one fish even sky will eat.
so glad you got to get away - sorry about emma, though! sharkey has a hard time with mommy withdrawal, too :(
Looks like we'll be trying tilapia soon. Thanks ladies!
Mary Beth - you look absolutely stunning in that dress!
Post a Comment