One word to describe her: sparkley. All the time.
She likes to 'help' on the counter too.
I do need some help with this little wonder though.
What on earth do I feed this child? Her eating patterns have just completely changed and it is entirely hit or miss with her. I will serve her something I know she likes and one day she'll eat it and another day, no way.
I am looking for some healthy snacks and meal suggestions. I've tried various things but I need to 'think outside the box' and instead of just trying new food and possibly wasting it, I figure maybe some of my readers have suggestions.
If you don't normally comment on here but can contact me via email or through facebook, please do so. For the sake of my sanity!!
5 comments:
all of my kiddos have gone through that!! and yes, it's always been around emma's age(gabey's there now). it has passed with all of them. i've just tried to make sure they drink enough liquids. and with mine, there's always been a psychological aspect of it. so if i "talked up" the meal enough, they were excited to eat it. something like "Snack lunch" has always worked. basically crackers and cheese, dried fruit, sliced apple, maybe pb on crackers of ants on a log(that was before we became PB free). just a thought.
i do snack trays a lot with my kids when they go through a phase like that. like, put a bunch of different things on a fun tray or in a muffin tin (my boys LOVE eating things out of a muffin tin :), and set it out while they are drawing at the table/watching tv/whatever.
ideas...
deli turkey or cheese cubes on toothpicks (kids LOVE things on toothpicks!!)
apple slices with pb/cream cheese dip
cut veggies with hummus or ranch
crackers with melted cheese on top (30 seconds in the micro - my alltime favorite snack as a kid! ooh - you could dip in chooch!!)
fruit cut in cubes with a dollop of whipped cream on top
cold bacon slices (i know, we're wierd)
maybe also try giving her a super big breakfast? like toast with an egg in the middle (toad in the hole), bacon, or french toast (i mash a banana or some pumpkin into mine). sometimes sharkey is really hungry in the morning, then his appetite tapers off toward night time.
also if i have the kids 'help' cut fruit/veggies up, they eat more of it.
oh, and my kids are always hungry in the car, for some reason. so if all else fails, you can try throwing her in the car for a long ride and have her eat lunch while listening to a book on cd :)
totally agree, toothpicks are great!
Sparkles is an understatement. She's a complete spitfire and crazy half the time - which combines to make her Emma.
-smoneds
Thanks for these tips, they're GREAT!!
Since I'm working 2 days a week, I don't feel like I have the time or energy to think up this stuff.
So, thank you for your suggestions.
Now I just have to get myself together to get some of this food and toothpicks. I don't think I've ever bought them.
Post a Comment