Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the closest translation is...claimed.

I turned the big 3-5 on Friday. As in, 3-5=-2. Discuss.

Hubs planned a lovely night out for us. He did some research and found out that Outback Steakhouse has a sizable gluten free menu. He printed the menu and enclosed it in my card. So sweet. I was able to plan out my meal before we got there and in case you're wondering...I got the steak grillers with the grilled pineapple and grilled veggies and swapped out the rice for some yummy mashed potatoes. So good. But here's the real major treat. Perhap you've partaken of the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under Dessert. It's the huge brownie with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream...yummm...
Well, the regular menu doesn't tell you but the gluten free one does...it's a FLOURLESS brownie! HA!! The whole dessert is sans gluten. LOVE IT. I ate a REAL dessert at a restaurant and I was the wiser. tee-hee. Seriously, I think perhaps Hubs and I should go there for just dessert now and then. So good!

Boy, I really get sidetracked when it comes to food. :)

Anyhoo, after dinner, Hubs took me to a play called, 'Almost, Maine'. It was fun! It wasn't one story but several short skits which took place in the middle of nowhere in Maine. Oh the Maine jokes and being so close and knowing Bangor so well...We really enjoyed it.

It was nice to get out for some good food and fun!

So that was my weekend which was wonderful and now back to regular life.

Like this...

After we got home from church, Rachel changed into this. Huh.


I tried a stuffed peppers recipe which was really good except that it made way too much food. Next time, I'll wait and make it for company.


And speaking of flourless desserts, my friend Tenny, sent me a recipe for a flourless cake that you make in the microwave! It takes about a whopping 3 minutes to make and is perfect for a quick small treat.
I made one for Rachel and Emma afterschool and then made another for dessert after dinner so Hubs could try it.
I'll post the recipe soon.

Oh and I do this alot on Sunday afternoons. Momma needs her rest!! (:

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

aw, adam is the sweets :) i can't believe you are 3minus5...although i will be joining you later this year...i remember how in college i couldn't even imagine life past 30:)
that is awesome about outback! how cool that their yumm-o dessert is flourless!! glad you had such a great b-day! :)

jtaco said...

When I look back on birthdays, I remember when Brian turned 27 I told him he was old, ha!!! We laugh at that all the time. And the sad part was that I really thought that was old at the time :) How quickly time goes by! Sunday naps are the absolute best. The problem is that I haven't learned how to balance rest and normal mom duties on Sundays. If I rest too much then the house is a disaster and that's not a good way to start the new week off. And Yay for Chocolate Thunder from Down Under, it's awesome!!!! Didn't know it was gluten free either :)

Tenny said...

hooray!!! i could go for some chocolate thunder from down under!!!!!!!!!! so glad you had a great bday. the play sounds great, considering my grandparents retired to maine and my dad lives there.... i'm sure i'd get a kick out of it. Ayuh! (not sure if that's how it's spelled, but pronounce it..)super happy the chocolate cake turned out too. i like the "mini-ness" of it. almost TOO perfect for snacking.

Mary Beth said...

jtaco-we have mandatory rest time on Sunday afternoons. Rachel has to play quietly or read a book for at least 30 minutes and Emma still takes naps. May be harder to enforce for you!