Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesdays

In the new year I've decided to make Wednesday my baking days. It's the one day where I am home all day every week. I will not schedule appointments or run errands on Wednesdays. I am home and that's that. I only need to leave the house to pick up Rachel from school. Hubs has agreed to change his schedule a bit to take Rachel to school in the morning so I can have one day a week where Emma and I don't have to be out the door in the morning.
This new plan was supposed to start today but the Lord knew how much I needed it because instead, we have a massive snow storm going on today and Rachel is home all day. Woo-hoo! I love how He does that.

So last week, I just made some chocolate chip cookies using the Betty Crocker gluten free mix. All of their mixes are very good and very easy.


So here's another cool thing. I have been struggling with meals and meal planning. I'm just tired of trying to come up with meals especially gluten free ones. So again, the Lord worked it out because this past Sunday my secret pal left me a gift-a package of gluten free pasta and a new cookbook, "Incredibly Easy Gluten Free Recipes". Really? I'm so excited. I love how He does that!!

Today, I am trying 2 new baking recipes from my new awesomeness cookbook: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (just took a batch out of the oven-YUM!) and Almond Flour Pound Cake (I really hope this comes out well because I'm just too excited about it).

I'll be sharing the cookies recipe, truly "incredibly easy".

3 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i LOVE the idea of having one day as a 'home day'. wednesday is a really good day for that, too - that used to be my 'wear pj's and clean' day when the kids were smaller...

now that sky is gf again (and will stay that way!), and my mom (celiac) is coming to town for a couple weeks, i am going to try out lots of new gf recipes. i so hear you on the meal planning!

ps - i keep a big bag of 'pamela's gf baking and pancake mix' on hand at all times. it has great easy recipes on the back, from pancakes to coffee cake (this one is YUM!) to cookies, and even andy can't tell it's gf. it's our fave:)

Mary Beth said...

I have a really good chicken meatball soup recipe that I tried the other day. I'm hoping to get that posted real soon.

Tenny said...

i hear you on the meal planning. i am tired of trying to figure things out, and i'm not even worrying about gf!! i think it's that time of year. no good fresh produce, inside lots. i, too, have made friday my baking day. i'm trying to bake bread once a week. so far so good.