Monday, January 31, 2011

snow days and baking, oh my!

So Rachel has had several snows days and a few 2 hour delays. Although this seems great, it's made a mess for my work days especially when I'm scheduled to work and she has a 2 delay. Ugh, I get to work so late and have to make up the time, etc.
And guess what? We're supposed to get another snowstorm again this Wednesday-my baking day! I think the only day so far this year that Rachel had a regular day of school on Wednesday was the very first one.
So, I need to plan ahead and make sure I have ingredients and what to bake??

So 2 Wednesdays ago, I made cupcakes. Pretty easy right? Well, I had a very eager 3 year old and after I put the first batch in the oven, I noticed the butter was still out. Oops. I salvaged what I could and here they are. I used a g.f. Better Crocker yellow cake mix. By the way, I don't even have a mini-muffin pan, just the liners. No biggie-I put them in the regular muffin pan and put about a tablespoon of batter in the mini-muffin paper cup. These are glorious for little fingers to handle.

Here is my eager child helping with the dishes. :)

Our yard as of last week.

Some snow days have been too cold to go outside. Rachel built her own microphone stand, and 2 guitars with the tinkertoys. Love her imagination and it kept them busy for a while too! Plus many, many concerts for me and Hubs when he got home from work. So cute.

1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

love the tinker family band. and of course gf baking day :)

oh my gosh, my word verification is 'coping'! hee hee.