Monday, October 10, 2011

precious moments

And I don't mean the figurines. I had a rare precious moment with this lady yesterday morning.


I heard her call for me rather early in the morning, she was startled by some loud noises outside. So she asked me to pick her up and I brought back to bed with me. She cuddled up close and we both fell back asleep. I can honestly say this lovely time together hasn't happened in years...not since she was a baby. Imagine my delight to wake up and see her little face right up against mine and her little arm wrapped around me. And yes, I was barely on the bed eventhough there was tons of space next to her and yes my neck is and will be sore for the next few days. And yes we didn't end up getting to Sunday school because I overslept and Hubs was long gone because he was ushering yesterday. So it was up to me to get there on time and well I had some precious moments with my almost 4 and a half year old instead.
And since today is Columbus Day and Rachel doesn't have school so I didn't have to get up early, Emma got up (not as early as yesterday) and climbed into bed with me. I see a trend forming. I love it.

3 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

ok first, i love that she is in a laundry basket :)
what a sweet post! i loooove the morning snuggles, when they are all sleepy and dewy, and still young enough to be squishy and cuddly :)
shark is opposite of emma in that he has ALWAYS wanted to snuggle every single morning. and i gotta admit, i love it!
sky is still a cuddler at night, BUT he is so old now he's all awkward limbs so it's not quite the same :)

Mary Beth said...

Yes, she sitting on a pillow and resting on one too. Quite the setup she made. :)

Your description of Sky is pretty much Rachel these days too. :)

CALAMITY JANE said...

yeah, whenever i look at long lean sky i secretly think, 'that kid's got a case of the gangles' :)