It's been 3 months now since I went off gluten. I've included some pics of recent yummies I like. Above are some hush puppies, I used the recipe on the back of the cornmeal package I have.
So balance is the word to describe the past few months and here are 3 major areas.
First, I've found a balance in my diet. When I first cut out gluten, I was hungry all the time. I had just stopped eating bread, cereal, baked goods and pasta. I didn't replace it with anything at first until I found alternatives. Now, I feel like I have the whole new system into a routine of sorts. I do get frustrated at times though, I just want to slap a sandwich together using the nice relatively cheap regular bread instead of having to get an expensive mix and make my own bread. But honestly, it's not a big deal. There are way more worse things in life!
Second, I've found a balance in my digestion which was being attacked when I couldn't digest gluten properly.
Third, I've found a balance in my complexion. I have no clue if it was related to gluten or not but my skin is so much better. I also credit using mineral makeup, exercising and using sensitive skin neutrogena cleanser and moisturizer as of late as possible reasons for this improvement.
My photo gluten free journey:
January 08-before gluten free

February 08-after one month gluten free

March 08-2 months gf

April 08 - 3 months gf
2 comments:
hey gorgeous! i love your monthly pix - you can definitely see a difference. you look great!!
(man, you really look like your mom, too! :)
thanks. I can't believe how much better I feel.
Post a Comment