Friday, November 14, 2008

for whatever ails you

I discovered a website a few months back and it's one of my faves at the moment. I was looking for some home remedies for some health issues we were dealing with and hit the jackpot. I'll be sharing more about that on another post.
One of the reasons why I like this website is because the reviews are from people who've tried them and you get a really good idea of what works and what doesn't. Of course with all things, use common sense and caution: if it doesn't sound right, it probably isn't. (:

The remedy I've been sharing lately that I found on earthclinic is for the common yet really annoying sore throat. The other night I had such a bad sore throat, I would tense before I would swallow, it hurt so much. So I decided to try this concoction that I found and it worked really well.


Sore Throat Remedy:
Mix together
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
14-16 oz. OJ preferably with pulp because the pepper sticks to it.

It's basically OJ with some heat to it. I drank it in the p.m., the next morning and the afternoon. Drink it with a meal or with a snack-it helps to not drink it on an empty stomach. Voila, no more sore throat. I needed several doses since my throat was REALLY bad. I'm guessing that if I had tried this earlier, I wouldn't have needed to drink 3 glasses of it.
I have not used this on the kids, don't know if I will. But, since we're entering the cold season, perhaps this may help someone else.

And, check out earthclinic.com. Type in whatever ails you and don't be surprised if you find a very simple solution with things you already have your pantry!!

3 comments:

Tenny said...

i will definitely be trying this as a sore throat has crept up on me again. not so great for singing high notes in the choir:(

Mary Beth said...

ugh, so not fun. I was cringing from my sore throat but 24 hours later I was at choir practice. (:

CALAMITY JANE said...

that is awesome! i LOVE natural remedies, and haven't tried that one. thanks!!