Monday, November 3, 2008

a LONG time coming

I'll spare you all the details of our mishaps, misgivings and malcontent of our journey with the woodstove. Let's skip straight to the good news, shall we?

Ahhh, that's better.

I don't think anyone could be more excited...


She squeals and giggles whenever she sees the fire. And yes, we have the room entirely blocked off and will be getting a gate to go around it as added safety.
You can't be too careful with this gal.

7 comments:

Tenny said...

i'm jealous! absolutely. ours is in, but we need additional stove pipe to get it to the hole in the wall:( i'm yearning though.

Mary Beth said...

hang in there,just think how much you'll appreciate it when it's done! that's what we're finding anyway. (:

CALAMITY JANE said...

that is awesome! glad you got it up and running - so perfect and cozy (and cost-effective!) for those chilly (or freezing) days.
brings back the mammaries, i mean memories, from my childhood.
emma is soooo darn cute!!

jtaco said...

I can't believe how big Emma is getting!!!!

I'm soooo glad you got the woodstove going. Yeah! It was 70 here today and going to be that way again tomorrow! Wish it stayed that way :)

Mary Beth said...

velvet-there's nothing like wood heat!

jtaco-I think your weather is coming our way, supposed to be in the mid-60's the next 2 days.

CALAMITY JANE said...

ps - i love that you used the word 'malcontent' :)

Mary Beth said...

velvet-thanks, I'm a word geek at times. (: