Monday, August 31, 2009

Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile...


I can't believe it's been over a week already since my last post!

Rachel started school last Thursday. She loves it. She was a bit nervous about it the night before but she's adjusted quite well. I on the other hand, immediately took a detour after I dropped her off at school and went straight to Starbucks and got myself some incredibly delicious coffee concoction that probably had an obscene amount of calories. It was either that or burst into tears. I made the right choice.

Sidenote: Shopping for a cute outfit for a size 7 girl= complete outrage. The clothes out there are terrible. I was more than disgusted and yes, sound just like my mom! (: Fortunately, I found this cute and age appropriate shirt dress and leggings at Old Navy. Phew.

Emma was excited too and said, "I wan go skool too." Seriously, this morning she created such a stir about "her" backpack which was actually Rachel's, that I'm digging up an old one, filling it with some things for her and she can take it with her when we drop off Rachel and pick her up.


Where was I? Oh yes AND I made these lovely double chocolate chip cookies for her first afternoon home from her first day of first grade. Yup, lots of firsts in there. Ooo-AND, this was the first time I've made those cookies AND they're gluten free.
Before:

After:




They were a huge hit and I snuck a few into Rachel's lunch the next day. (:

5 comments:

Tenny said...

i've been thinking about you all lately as we started school here at home. i'm so glad it went well. and yes, i would have burst into tears, too(unless otherwise occupied with food or drink).

CALAMITY JANE said...

it's so bittersweet! but i'm glad she is liking school. and what a totally cute dress! i'm glad i have boys and don't have to worry about the whole clothing ordeal :) enjoy your time with emma!

CALAMITY JANE said...

ps - those cookies look REALLY good!!

jtaco said...

I know what you mean about the clothes ordeal! What a pain!!! Target usually has pretty good stuff too for a reasonable price. Glad school went well. We are starting up here today SLOWLY! I am not ready for summer to be over, so a slow introduction is more for my sake than the kids' :)

Mary Beth said...

tenny-thanks for encouraging me with the coffee drink. (:
velvet-I was actually getting jealous of the boys clothes because they were so NORMAL! (:
Hmm cookies, very chocolately. I'll try to get the recipe up soon.

jtaco-Target would've been good but I waited too long to shop. Something about getting a paycheck first. (: I don't blame you for starting slowly, it's been gorgeous out this week (here anyway)