These posts will be tips for budgeting and making your purchases last longer.
When Hubs was unemployed for most of last year, we learned pretty quickly how to drastically cut corners. We would laugh about the whole concept of a budget because last year it was, do we have enough $$ to pay the bills? Any $$ leftover for say, gas and groceries?
It was tough believe you me but the Lord provided in every way. And I'm still cutting corners because why not? It still works and still saves me $$.
Some of these tips are small but it ALL adds up. Skimp on enough little things and now you're seeing an extra $5 here and there.
Let's get started.
Really basic, dish detergent. Ever noticed how concentrated it is? I water it down. Put about half of the detergent in a new container and add water. Be prepared for suds so add a bit at a time. 2 parts detergent to 1 part water. Voila. Instant pretty decor on my windowsill and I've stretched my detergent to last twice as long.
4 comments:
LOVE this new blog categorical! and awesome tip - i actually just started doing this recently totally accidentally - b/c one time i was running out of dishsoap and couldn't get to the store :)
yes!!!! not only that, but i buy the cheapest dish detergent there is. ok, it doesn't look great or smell like the yummy apple one, but it is cheap(and it works) i just put it in a nicer container. good tip! and i agree with velvet, i love the new category. i'm always looking for new ideas:)
It's always good to get the biggest bang for your buck! Great idea! I don't know if there are stores around there that do this, but I've got a Kroger here that will double coupons, even the $1 ones! It has saved me HUGE amounts of money! I hate cutting coupons, but can't get over the freebies I get, like paper towels, deodorant, toothpaste, yogurt...I have a 3 ring binder with baseball card pages that I put the coupons in. It's sooo fun to shop now because of the deals I find :) It might be worth some phone calls to see if any stores around you do it.
velvet- that's how I started watering it down too a while ago. (:
jtaco-sounds like I would love Kroger! The closest I have is BJs which I try not to buy anything unless I have a coupon but they don't double them.
Post a Comment