Wednesday, August 19, 2009

slow down, you're going way too fast



So I'm at the computer and looking out the front window and I'm watching Rachel lay out on her towel with the neighbors across the street. They've just come out of the pool to dry off and Emma is still napping. In 6 short days Rachel will be starting 1st grade. I can't believe it.
She had an open house/meet her teacher and classmates this morning which went very well. I am excited for her. I am. But oh my, am I going to miss her.

3 comments:

Tenny said...

wow, 6 days!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure she's ready, but i think the bigger question is, are you?? that is SO exciting though. so will she actually be at school for her bday this year?

CALAMITY JANE said...

it does go too fast. i realize that when i see sky walking away from me and he looks like a young man more than a little kid! she will love first grade - they are old enough to learn some really cool academic stuff but still young enough that they get to do it in totally fun ways :)

Mary Beth said...

Well the good news is that her school got postponed for 2 days due to construction not being done on time. So now her first week of school is just 2 days and I'm THRILLED!