Friday, December 18, 2009

peace on earth, goodwill toward men


I have not been posting a whole bunch these days. The Christmas season seems to become so hectic unfortunately. I probably won't do a new post for the rest of the year! Can you believe it?
We're gearing up to head to NY this year for Christmas. This is the first year we will be in NY for Christmas day. We've travelled before around Christmas time but this year Hubs gets to be 'home' for the first time since we've been married.
So, I am busy between regular day life, work, Christmas shopping, and planning for our trip!

I am very much looking forward to not only starting a new year but a new decade as well. The first half of the 2000's were good (remember y2k? so funny) but the second half...not so much. The one bright spot was certainly Emma but the past 4 years or so have been really rough including but not limited to: job loss, massive home repairs and overall major financial struggle.
I am more than ready to put it all behind us and dive into the new year and decade.

So...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May the Lord who is faithful and compassionate reign in our hearts not only this season but every day in the year to come.

4 comments:

SLD said...

Very cool about spending Christmas in the Cuse and VERY much looking forward to a new decade. The past 4+ years can be summed up wonderfully by Charlie Brown - "Good Grief". Also like Charlie brown, the football has been pulled on us too many times. Well, yes dearie, hope for the future!

Tenny said...

have a wonderful Christmas! we aren't traveling this year, and for that i'm thankful(i know, wrong holiday). but i'm sure it will be lovely. and yes, a new year!! (the teens?) i am sure there are good things in store from you and your fam.

jtaco said...

Wow, it didn't really click it was going to be a new decade until I read your post!!!! I pray this next decade is awesome. God is faithful. He's never let us down! Have a wonderful Christmas and a great trip. Enjoy the memories you're making with your family :)

SLD said...

Oh they'll have memories all right...