So I chose this design to start out the new year, it's called "inspire". Are you inspired yet? Yeah, me neither.
Maybe this might...
My first new year's resolution and it's NOT diet and exercise. Well, not yet anyway.
I've decided I need to take-one-day-at-a-time and not-feel-guilty-if-I-miss-a-day and read through the Bible this year. A few chapters every day. A friend directed me to this website and I am so excited! I'm going to read the Bible in chronological order. (as events occured in real time)
Inspired? Care to join me? Don't worry if you don't start right on January 1st. As you can see, they give you options to start mid-month too.
8 comments:
ooh - i want to join!! i have been wanting to do this for awhile now, and need some motivation to keep at it. i am gonna check out that website.
and i like the new design!!
ps - ok, i officially checked out that website. AWESOME. i am so excited to read it in real-time chronological order like you are!
Yay! I'm so glad you're joining me. And maybe now I'll be able to remember the OT stories in the right order! (:
I actually have a chronological Bible, NLT version (not my fav, but it works!), and I've gone through the Bible for two years now! It gives you a section to read everyday, and doesn't take more then 20 mins! It's such a great feeling to know that you've been through the Word in a year...not to mention 2! I'm glad this is a resolution...it sure is a good one.(:
i'm doing it too!! or at least, trying. i hear you on the guilt thing. i love the chronoligical order reading! that's what i'm doing with rachel's history right now and i've always wondering why schools didn't do it that way as well!
Pam-a chronological Bible, COOL!! I thought it would be some daunting thing but it's totally not and I'm enjoying it very much!
Tenny-Yay!! One day at a time. (:
Great idea! I have a chron. Bible too and LOVE it! Read through it twice before kids :) I agree with Tenny, I've learned so much the past 2 years teaching Bible and history together chron.! Think I'll put away my other books I read at night and pick my chron. Bible back up. Me and morning reading just doesn't work...NOT a morning person :) Thanks for the nudge!!! :)
jtaco-that's one of the reasons why I like the veritas curriculum for homeschooling. And, I read whenever during the day or evening. (not morning either) No set schedule and it seems to be working rather nicely. (:
Post a Comment