Rachel's 8 birthday was over Labor Day weekend. We went to a local fair for the day as a family and the next day was her party with my family at our house. There were 22 of us! Good thing it was a beautiful day and so many sat out on the deck! :)
Rachel is really into Barbie and I had a difficult time finding things for her cake. I couldn't find a small figurine anywhere. Basically Barbie products are the standard doll size and movies. They don't make variations of smaller dolls and other toys like Disney which made my quest so very difficult but I kept looking. So I wandered around walmart for way too long and thought...maybe if I found a box of Barbie bandaids I could cut out the picture on the box but it's not wasting $ because the girls would use the bandaids. This idea led me to the figurine you see on the cake. There it was as I headed to the bandaid section...a toothbrush. That's right folks, this is a Barbie figurine/toothbrush handle. The next day at the party store, I found these Barbie themed candles. Worked out perfectly.
Rachel giggled when I pulled it out of the cake afterwards and yes, she ate the cake off of the bristles. And now she's using that toothbrush after being properly cleaned. :)
This was Rachel's birthday themed window, lots of pictures of her when she was younger and she liked looking at her cards also.
2 comments:
LOVE it :) even though it made me laugh, that is a great idea for the cake! and i love that you are still doing your themed windowsill :)
The cake story totally made me laugh :) Naomi wanted a horse cake last year and my mom couldn't find a horse to save her life that wasn't $15+, so she ended up getting the ugliest donkey I've ever seen. Naomi was THRILLED and we just laughed! It's great to have the fun memories! Congrats on the weight loss too, that's awesome!!!! Way to go!!
Post a Comment