Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights? No, that's just what they're expecting us to do

Well my biggest loser journey is over and I lost 8.7 lbs. in 12 weeks. I had wanted to lose 10 but didn't quite make it. However, I did a little research and discovered some pretty good news.

When, I started biggest loser for my first weigh in, I didn't know what my weight was earlier in the year. Remember back in the spring when I lamented my winter-me/non-winter me? Well, I knew I had gained 8 lbs. over the winter but didn't recall what my actual weights were.

So, here's what I found out -using some algebra of course, hey, math major here.

Back in October 2009 my weight was x. Then in March 2010, my weight was x+8. Yuck!

After my blathering about winter me, I had said I was going to start exercising, which I did, sporadically. I did this until July when I started biggest loser and then started exercising regularly.

My starting weight in July 2010 was my March weight of (x+8)- 5.5! That's right I lost 5.5 lbs. between March and July. So take this and include my last weight from biggest loser and you get:

((x+8)-5.5)-8.7)= (x+8) -14.2

I lost 14.2 lbs. from March 2010 to October 2010!! I not only lost the 8 lbs. I had gained over the winter but I lost another 6 lbs. past my starting weight of a year ago!

Yay!

Of course I have no before and after pictures but Hubs took a candid of the girls and I when we were apple picking. It's now become tradition that I wear my Red Sox sweatshirt which is bulky but I thought the side shot of me was flattering.

3 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

SO awesome! i can't believe you lost so much! that is great that you did it over time the right way, not just crash-dieting or anything. and that picture of you could be from college :)

Mary Beth said...

Thanks velvet! I've learned so much that I hope to share soon. Thanks for the college remark...but who in the world would those kids be? ha ha

jtaco said...

Congrats! That's awesome! The biggest thing is realizing that it's a lifestyle. We all have to be realistic in what we can do when we change our diet and routine. If you go all out, chances are it won't stick. Brian and I are starting up P90X Monday. We decided to do it in the evenings b/c mornings are too hard with his work schedule. If we miss a day, so-be-it.. I know my biggest probelm is just staying active! Way to Go! I can totally see it in the picture too :)