Wednesday, December 29, 2010

oh there's no place like home for the holidays

Well, we had a most wondermous Christmas. Truly. Our kids are not early risers which I can't be more thankful for...they woke up Christmas morning at 7:50am. Ahh...

Emma really loves her "Tangled" coloring book apparently.

The teens in our church do a mini-mall every year where they buy odds and ends gifts in bulk and then sell each item for $1. Rachel bought all her cousins gifts and for Emma. Emma wore this all morning, got upset when we had to take it off her to get her dressed and then wore it at my parent's house for a while too. :)

I found a cheapy Ballerina game for the wii.

The biggest hit this year for the girls, an old standby, always great.

Hubs surprised me with this gorgeous full length winter coat. lovely.

I found another cheapy game for the wii. I've found my fam like this often ever since. Emma was cheering him on saying things like, "go faster" and "get him".

After gifts in the morning and some time for breakfast, we headed to my parent's house. I've been teaching Rachel piano lessons and she played "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" for everyone. So cute.


Hubs and I both have the week off from work which was perfect timing since I ended up being up all night with Rachel Sunday night into Monday morning. Stomach flu. Yuck.
Then I woke up this morning not feeling so great. I'm so glad we're all home but was hoping to have some fun this week instead of dealing with the sickies. Oh well. It's only Wednesday.

My mother-in-law and niece are coming tomorrow from NY and I'm praying we'll all be better by then!

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: