Friday, January 25, 2008

before and after- my kitchen

This one is easy because this is a few years old. But, some of you haven't seen the pics so I thought I'd share. Shortly after we moved into our house in Sept. 2005, we noticed an overwhelming odor near the kitchen sink. It is no exaggeration that it was unbearable to stand there. After every attempt to get rid of it, nothing worked so our conclusion was mold. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas we had the kitchen ripped apart and put in new flooring, in some places new walls, new appliances, new cupboards and a new counter. We also had things moved around for more functionality and added a few perks- under cabinet lighting and window cabinets with lighting inside. These pics were taken back in 7/06 and it looks pretty much the same except I have more gadgets now. (: The before pics were taken after we moved in.
BEFORE







AFTER





4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen!! i love white cabinets and glass fronts cabinets! it looks similar to the kitchen in our michigan house (after we remodeled), which i loved. SO pretty - wow! :)

Mary Beth said...

Thank you. Can you tell we totally loathed the old one? It was such a mess! We wanted to take the dark and dingy and turn it into bright and cheery. It's 2 years later and I'm still loving it. (:

jtaco said...

Wow! What a difference! Looks great! We're putting in solid hardwood floors in our back entry, informal eating area, and kitchen as I write this. The wood is sitting in my dinning room right now getting acclimated to our house before it gets installed. Brian ripped up two layers of vinyl last week. This is so fun with an 11 mo. old crawler :) Hopefully, by next week it'll be done.

Tenny said...

i forgot how it looked "before" wow!! so there is hope for mine!