Three years ago I set out to find a good hair salon to get a good haircut, little did I know that it was the product that would change everything. For as long as I can remember, I've had issues with dry, itchy, flaky scalp. I'm convinced that at times the irritation alone gave me headaches. I also have very thick, dense hair which makes circulation difficult. Over the years I tried every product out there, well, almost all. Nothing worked and it just hurt my head. I even tried a home remedy that went awry. So this salon I found was an Aveda Concept Salon, I was clueless what that even was but I knew that my head felt so much better after the first time I went. On the next appointment I asked my hair stylist to recommend something for my scalp, I was desperate. And behold, Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner, it's expensive but it works. I've been using it ever since! Because it's high quality, a little goes a long way.
All of Aveda's products are gentle and contain natural ingredients including extracts from flowers and plants which is why it works so well, there are no harsh chemicals. It has worked wonders on my hair and scalp. Whether you have scalp, damaged/colored hair issues or just want a nice pampering, Aveda is the way to go. Check out aveda.com to see if there is a salon near you and try it or you can order it online. You won't be disappointed!
Here's a pic of my little collection that I've acquired over time. Most of their products are good for 2 years as indicated on the product itself. They also have makeup-which I've gotten a bit of. If I had the $$, I'd probably get their skin/body care stuff too!
Hair Regimen: I use the detoxifier shampoo once every couple weeks and then proceed with their shampoo and conditioner, I use their Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. And, I've used Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner (this is great in the summertime because the peppermint has a nice cooling effect on the scalp especially if you wash with cool/lukewarm water). I towel dry and then use a small pump amout of phomollient (a styling foam/mousse that has honey in it) and work it through my hair then blow dry for 2-3 minutes (if that). This sweet regimen makes my scalp happy and keeps my sanity intact (well, mostly), as well as giving me healthy, shiny and super soft hair.
The proof is in these pics!!!
2 comments:
your hair looks SO good! talk about rich and shiny and gorgeous - wow! i found an aveda salon near me, and am gonna try to check it out this weekend. many thanks!! :)
thanks, I can't believe the pics myself, actually. let me know how it goes. I'm interested to find out what you end up getting!
Post a Comment