Wednesday, January 30, 2008

oh the places you'll go


So this is my decade long collection, Cat's Meow Village pieces. These pieces could really be anything: historic buildings, landscapes, landmarks, homes of famous authors, fictional things, Christmas themed items, etc. and each piece has a little black cat on it. Some people collect these to fill up cabinet space and decorate their kitchen or family room, etc. My collection is a little more personal because I only get ones of places I've been, places I'd love to go or things that are of interest to me. I have quite an array of most kinds-fictional old school house, fictional music store, Welcome to NH sign with a NH quarter in it, various trees, an old mill building like the one we lived in years ago... I enjoy them because I like to put them above my kitchen cabinets for decoration and they are full of good memories and my favorite things.
Here's a few specific examples:
Windmill Green in Eastham, MA (Cape Cod)
A few years back, we went with some friends for a long weekend on the Cape and stayed with their Nana who has a house down there (in walking distance to the beach). We had a great time and are hoping to go back down this year now that all of our kiddos would be a decent age. I can't wait!


The Old Salt & Lamie's Inn in Hampton, NH
Oh how I miss you! This place was recommended to me by a co-worker and back in Nov. 2006, we went there for a little getaway overnight. I was early along in my pregnancy with Emma and we figured we'd get some r&r while we had the chance. We went out of season (this is in proximity to the beach) which was cheaper and we loved it. It's a quaint little place, only 32 rooms and the restaurant is fantastic. There's a little movie theatre down the street which we also enjoyed. I hope we can go back, sooner than later!


Founders Hall in Cedarville, OH
Some of you will recognize this one...This is a historical building on the campus of Cedarville University which I attended back when it was Cedarville College! This just reminds me of 4 great years and great friendships. Oh, and an education too. (:


Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills, MI
My college roommate was from this area and worked here in the summers. We had the opportunity to visit there back in 2003 and visit some of my college friends from Michigan. The cider here was of course fabulous but hanging out with the gals was obviously the best part!

2 comments:

jtaco said...

That's so neat! Where in the world do you get the personal ones, like Founders Hall? I have some that I got at a garage sale, for a great price, a long time ago. I thought they'd be cute to decorate with :)

Mary Beth said...

I got Founders Hall at the Young's gift shop! It's so big that I can't put it on the ledge of the cupboard, I have to put it behind it. I love having it though!
I think the pieces have a nice homey feel to decorate with.