I got this recipe for Pork Fried Rice straight out of Gluten-Free: Quick and Easy by Carol Fenster. I don't have any pictures of the food because I ate it in about 5 seconds. It's so good and simple to make and the only gluten-free adjustments are the sauces and chicken broth. Serve this with some grilled pineapple slices, YUM! After you try this, take-out won't even be an option. Oh, and next time I'll try to eat it a little slower.(: Enjoy!!
Pork Fried Rice
Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 pound browned ground pork
3 Tblsp. hoisin sauce
2 Tblsp. soy sauce
2 Tblsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. dried minced onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Pinch crushed red pepper
3 green onions, sliced
1 carrot, coarsely shredded
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 cups cooked brown or white rice, chilled
Directions:
1. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until scrambled. Transfer the eggs to a serving platter or bowl.
2. Add all the ingredients except the broth and rice to the same pan. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cooked rice and toss to combine thoroughly. Reduce the heat, cover and cook 2 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the mixture is heated through. Stir in the eggs and bring the mixture to serving temperature. Serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment