Monday, June 2, 2008

my chinese new year

I realized recently that since I'm on a gluten-free diet, chinese food is basically out. I can't think of anything that's not breaded or uses soy sauce in some way. (wheat flour is one of the main ingredients of soy sauce) Granted, we only eat chinese food maybe twice a year. One of those times is our New Year's eve tradition, the good news is that I've got time to discover alternatives!
I found this lovely soy sauce. I highly recommend it for everyone, it's that good.

I've been making stir fry for years and now with my wheat-free soy sauce I don't have to miss out! I don't have a recipe per se but here are few tips for yummy stir-fry. Fry up the meat first at high heat in some oil(sesame oil is fantastic) and set aside, keep warm. Cook up the veggies in small batches also on high heat (add a bit of water if pan is dry). Combine meat and veggies in pan and turn down the heat, add soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, a little more oil, a pinch of salt. Cook about 5 minutes and serve over rice or noodles.


Coming soon... a delicious recipe for pork fried rice.

1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

hey, i just posted an asian recipe on my blog, too! you are awesome - even getting the gluten-free soy sauce! i am SO glad there are gf alternatives these days!!