Thursday, August 14, 2008

a little bit of everything


Hello, lovely people. (: We've been busy lately and I've been working more before school starts. I decided to take the first week of homeschool off from work since it's the week of Labor Day and a short week anyway. I've gotten all my curriculum in so now the planning needs to begin. It may seem over the top for being kindergarten but from my understanding of the law here, I have to notify the state because Rachel will be six in September. The homeschooling law is based on age so eventhough we decided to hold her back a year, because of her date of birth, I have to show she's been schooled this year. This means I have to keep a portfolio of her work and have her assessed by an evaluator at the end of the year to verify she's made progress. It's a bit of work but it's fine. I have a few friends who have been great resources in this area. In fact, I'm hoping to have a woman from my bible study class who is a licensed evaluator assess Rachel. It's all about connections, isn't it?

In other news, I'm going to a Creative Memories party tonight. I am just not a scrapbooking person at all. I think it's nice and everything but just not me. However, tonight is a digital option of Creative Memories. If I can point, click, and print, I'm so there. We don't print enough pics from our camera as it is, this sounds like a good way to get those pictures together without taking a lot of time. I have no clue how much the software will be but it may end up being a good investment. We shall see.


This is why we had to go back to the regular old highchair with the tray on it. She would not stop putting her feet on the table and into her food!!

2 comments:

Tenny said...

gabriel does the same thing with his feet!! except he tips himself and scares me half to death!!

CALAMITY JANE said...

yea for the homeschooling connections! i'm so glad it's all working out for you.
and i so hear you on the digital scrapbooking - SO much easier to find time for :)