Wednesday, October 1, 2008

one of THOSE mornings


This morning is damp and cool, a perfect backdrop for a not so stellar start to the day. A fussy baby who was up early and fell apart everytime I was in a different room. She also managed to tip a chair over, while she was in it. She's fine.

I managed to somehow jam my finger in the trash compactor. Umm, ouch.

With miss crankypants, I decided to put her down for a nap a little earlier and while doing so, she headbutted me with my glasses on. Yeah, good times.

I immediately went to Rachel and told her to play for a bit because I needed to do something before school. It was pretty obvious to me that the best solution was to pray and do some devotions.

I grabbed my Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon (everyone should have this book) and read the morning section for today. Here's a line that jumped out at me, "...for His mercies have been more than the hairs of our heads." Amen.

This reminded me of one of my favorite passages, and fittingly in Lamentations, Chapter 3:
22The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in Him.”

I feel better already. (:

2 comments:

Tenny said...

that was totally my day yesterday! kids up early, cranky baby who went down for a nap early. but i didn't take time to pray and read, i just kept plowing right through. and you're absolutely right, that's what i needed. good advice.

CALAMITY JANE said...

oh i so hear you :) i've been having way too many of THOSE mornings lately! thanks for the reminder - i often forget to pray and seek out God during those times. He should be the first one i turn to!!