Sunday, January 11, 2009

new year, new 'do'

Every new year I reconsider my hairstyle. How can I change it? Do I like it the way it is? I looked online for virtual hairstyle websites to see what I'd look like with different styles. Several of them either wanted you to register or even pay $$. Umm, no.
Then I found this one. Hairmixer.com It's kind of addictive. You pick a celebrity hairstyle and upload a picture of yourself. They even have options to change hair color, add makeup, airbrush or see what you'd look like if you lost weight.
Here are some pretty funny ones of me and I actually found 2 that aren't half bad.
I used this pic of me from last summer because there's no hair on my face so it was easier to use.

Note to self, don't go several months without getting my haircut. I need bangs or some kind of styling over my forehead.

Penelope Cruz


Oprah


Marcia Cross


Katie Holmes


Ashley Tisdale


Altogether now, hee-hee, ha-ha. (:

So here are 2 that I thought might be possibilities.
First, this one is Charlize Theron. I'd have to do some curling everyday to get these locks. And, I probably couldn't go that light, too much $$ and up-keep but not too shabby a match.


Second, I discovered that the shape of my face is pretty close to Reese Witherspoon's heart shape. I couldn't be this blond but here's her hairstyle from the 'Sweet Home Alabama' movie.

And how about a little darker and reddish?


I am thinking about going shorter and possibly some coloring. What do you think?

8 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

ok, i'm dying. some of those were so funny! but i do love the last 2 - you could easily totally rock the last one in red! that would look SO good! (i like the charlize, but it's definitely more high maintenance!) i want to check out that site :)

CALAMITY JANE said...

ps - ok, actually the one that really made me giggle was the oprah one. oprah! hee hee. you actually would look really hot as a blond, though!

Mary Beth said...

that website is so much fun, it's made me laugh at myself ALOT. There were several that were just hideous that I didn't put on here. (:
It occurred to me that the Charlize cut is similar to Reese except it's a bit longer and curled. I think if I got that cut and didn't curl, it would just look the Reese one but a smidge longer.
Hubs likes the Charlize haircolor and thinks that would look good on me. We shall see once I consult my wallet!!

CALAMITY JANE said...

you should go for it! i'm going to change up my hair color, too, pretty soon...oh, and i checked out that site and put my own picture in and it is SO fun! and funny :)

Mary Beth said...

so, are you going to share your lovely makeover pix? I would love to giggle at you. I mean, with you. (:

Tenny said...

i too love the charlize one! i think it's amazing that your "normal" hair is so dark and yet very light would look good too:) but yeah, high maintenance. you would have to touch up the color every month. i know, i spent about 10 years blond. obviously, no more of that for me:)

Mary Beth said...

Tenny-I was blonde as a kid so that's why it works (I think). I blame my progression into really dark hair on my 2 spawn. Although, I also blame them for my new-discovering-more-everyday natural "highlights" that need to disappear! (:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to go do that now. that was fun!