Friday, January 16, 2009

take this sinking boat and point it home

So much I want to blog, so little time. Emma's fussing in her crib as I write this and I just finished school with Rachel. Arg.

On the bright side, tomorrow I'm meeting up with my dear friend from high school for the day. Her birthday is in January and mine is in February of the same year so we use this as an excuse to get together for lunch, shopping, sometimes a movie and major catching up! It's been a whole year since I saw her. Bad economy and gas prices coupled with my hubs being unemployed for part of last year prevented us from getting together more.

The goal: come home refreshed after some serious "me time" with a kindred spirit.

And because I just need to put a picture...

We tried a fort but of course Emma's mission was to climb on top of everything and rip off the blankets. Oh well, it occupied them for at least 30 minutes. This is what we do when it's below zero and can't go outside.

Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

jtaco said...

Have a great time with your dear friend. Sounds like it's going to be a very fun day, even if you do nothing more than catch up over a drink :) We had our homeschool enrichment day today. Which was shocking, since it was -12 when I left the house, without the windchill! BRRRRRR!!! Maybe tomorrow we'll do a fort. Looks like fun, until Naomi gets to it :)

CALAMITY JANE said...

how did your girls' day out go?

Mary Beth said...

It went pretty well but during that time was when I found out that my aunt passed away...