I was so miserable physically last year, you can read all my lovely previous gluten posts for more information. I have learned alot about myself and what it truly means to be disciplined for the sake of my health. Often times I hear people say, "Gluten Free! I could never do that". The truth is, I didn't think I could do it either. I certainly would not willingly choose this diet but I didn't really have a 'choice'. It was either continue being borderline depressed and in constant pain or cut out the glutes and see what happens. Turns out, I can't handle it and to continue would have been downright dumb!
Sure it's really rough at times and I get sick of it but the benefits far outweigh the aggrevation.
So here is the before and after. I've lost about 20 pounds or so in the past year. I really wonder how much more I could've lost if I'd stuck to exercising regularly. Oh well, one thing at a time! (:
January 2008-all the gluten

January 2009-FREE!
Here is another recent picture of me, I love the Sox but really wearing the sweatshirt, not so flattering. (:
6 comments:
Way to go!!!! Lookin' good! 20 pounds, that's amazing! I've noticed on some of my food that they are posting...."now gluten free", like Rice Chex. I think of you every time I see that :) That's got to make things a lot easier for you. Seems like more and more people are dealing with that same thing. Just today, while searching for Super Bowl recipes I saw one for gluten free pizza! As far as the exercise, one thing at a time. You just conquered a major lifestyle change. The exercise will come in time :)
Thanks for the encouraging words! I now eat Rice Chex alot and make their 'evil' chocolate, peanut butter and powered sugar recipe mix on the box. (:
I know all too well about that "evil" chocolate/pb mix!!! I made it for gifts at Christmas as well as the original Chex mix :)
wow, mb!! you were always a pretty one, but man, you look so much brighter and healthier in the recent pictures! like your eyes are clearer and you have a lot of vitality. i can't believe you lost 20 pounds!! that is beyond awesome. i'm so proud of you - i know how hard it is to be gluten-free...can you believe it's been a year! you look beautiful!
ps - we eat those rice chex, too...and i had to force myself to stop making the 'monkey munch' recipe from the back of the box :)
i see SO much of rachel in the last picture of you!!! i guess i hadn't noticed how striking the resemblence was until today!! congratulations!!
and exercise, shmexercise... you look great!!
tenny-love the support on the exercise. (:
Thanks ladies for your positive feedback! xoxo
Post a Comment