As some of you know, I work per diem about 2 days a week and I'm homeschooling Rachel for kindergarten this year. Doing both is a ALOT to deal with plus I've been sick frequently this winter. Bad combo all around. Since I'm per diem, I don't have benefits-no paid holidays or time off. I don't work, I don't get paid. Another added stress. Although we're very grateful that Hubs got a job after several months of being unemployed last year, it's a major pay cut. So, without my income, we don't have $ for food or gas or miscellaneous items. I am very grateful for my job and that we can afford to pay the bills between the two of us. We know what it's like to lose a job and how hard it is to find one. With this set up, I can't literally afford to take time off and if I do, I have to try to make up hours the following week.
As you can imagine, I've had difficulty managing it all. I haven't taken a week off from work or homeschooling since Christmas.
So we came up with a really good plan. Take a week off from work and homeschooling and use some of our tax return to pay me for the week. Perfect. No worries about $$, I can relax and just enjoy being home with the girls and do some serious spring cleaning.
Not so fast.
Emma had a fever Sunday afternoon and then she started having chills and getting kind of gittery and breathing funny. We called the nurse-on-call and they recommended taking her to the ER. Although she didn't feel all that warm when I left the house, by the time the nurse took her temp it was 105.2F. Scarey. I thanked the Lord that we were where we needed to be, already at the hospital surrounded by people we knew what to do. As of today, her fever is manageable and she's had no other sickly side effects like vomitting or anything. I haven't had much sleep the past 2 nights between checking on her and giving her medicine to keep the fever down. Since she doesn't feel well, she's fussy and clingy and my big plans have been put on hold.
This isn't exactly how I pictured this week but the good news is that it's only Tuesday, there's still time and I don't have to work or do school or think about $$.
Please pray Emma recovers quickly and that we can try to have some fun this week!
PS-I typed this up while Emma was watching a video, at some point this happened. (:
3 comments:
so sweet!! we will definitely be praying for her(and you). high fevers are really scary to me, so i can imagine your relief at being at the hospital. and of course, hooray for tax returns!!!
I'm so glad to hear that Emma is doing better. And I guess that's all part of God's plan, that she get sick when you're home, not at work. I agree, better sick now at the beginning of the week. What would we do without Tylenol?!! By the way, I picked all 4 teams correctly for the final four!! How scary is that?! :)
yikes. glad that the little peanut is doing ok - high fevers are so scary with kids!! so thankful you were at the docs with the kids, and that you have this week off! hopefully YOU will get some rest at some point :)
Post a Comment