Friday, March 6, 2009

this one packs some punch

This whole year has come in like a lion for me. I would so love to disappear to Arizona (never been) so I can get my head (sinuses) back to normal.

Emma, 21 months old, has begun the ultimate climbing in my opinion. Climbing out of her crib which by the way is about a 4 foot drop. Taking about making me nervous! So last night we converted her crib to a toddler bed. The result? Pretty much no sleep here. She didn't even konk out until about 1am. That kid is a mix between the Energizer Bunny and when she's mad, the likes of the Incredible Hulk. So I know we just have to be firm and like 'the Nanny' does, just keep putting her back in bed. Of course this results in exhaustion for the parents but hopefully it will only take a few days. I have no idea how her nap will go today. Please pray she'll sleep because she NEEDS it! And so I do. Plus I have to do school with Rachel. We didn't get a chance to do school yesterday because Emma wouldn't stay in her crib!

She is awfully cute though, isn't she? (:

4 comments:

Tenny said...

it's the cute ones that are trouble!!! she does look adorable, kind of the rambunctious twin to rachel. i will be praying for you. we will soon be moving to a toddler bed for gabey(seriously, where did those two years go?). i am more concerned with him staying in bed, too(more than i was with the other ones).

CALAMITY JANE said...

she is certainly adorable! but man, can i empathize with you - she sounds so much like the shark :) how has it been going with the nighttimes? is she used to her toddler bed yet?

Mary Beth said...

No! It is taking a toll too. What did you do? I'm in desperate need of suggestions.

The only way she settles down is if we stay in the room. I sit in the rocking chair and ignore her basically and she goes off to sleep then I leave. But, in the middle of the night, she wakes up, sees no one is there and stands at the door (we put a gate up) and cries. Then we start all over again...
By the way, Rachel and Emma have been in the same room for a while so it's also effecting Rachel's sleep.

Tenny said...

hey, i was wondering how you were doing. having my rachel and natty in the same room for natty's transition helped. the first night, i brought him up by himself and as soon as i left i heard him crying and running towards the door(and trying to open it), but as soon as rachel got up there, he was fine. and pretty much was fine from then on. rachel WAS taking an afternoon nap at that point, too, so he knew she came up at some point. i think having them both together should help. you know, in theory.

i have a feeling gabey will be happy, but probably not sleep much. oh we also took EVERYTHING out of the room(clothes, toys, books, etc...). that helped too.