Well, I was going to write up this long-winded description of my work environment but now I don't have to because the local paper wrote about it! Yes, with all the adjusting to being a part-timer and Rachel starting school and dealing with that adjustment and Emma's adjustment to the adjustment (run-on sentence intended), I also had to pack up my stuff at work because our department was moved to a different building. Arg. It's been crazy around here for a few weeks. Why did we move?
Take a minute to read this article.
And no, I don't buy the ghost bit and yes, I didn't want to leave the building. But, since I've been there for the past 4 years I can attest that the medflight helicopters coming in were incredibly close to the building. I took pics on my cellphone of one but of course I have no contraption to load them on my computer. Maybe I'll get one someday. There really is no good solution to the problem, people say to clear out more of the parking lot but then you'd be making cancer patients have to walk farther to get to their entrance for treatments. And, you can't have the helipad far away from the ER either. It's just too bad no matter how you look at it.
Plus, we left wonderful old drafty windows which gave us natural lighting and fresh air and now we're crammed in like sardines at our 'new' location where the only people with windows are directors. How nice.
Anyhoo-I took some pictures of the building a few weeks ago. I always worked on the third floor and those stairs were a killer too.
My first office is circled pink. I had my own office when I first started and was in there for about 3 months. I then moved to the one in blue and shared it with another co-worker.
Check this view from the little deck area on the third floor. The fall colors were gorgeous but we moved too soon to take pictures. ):
Then I moved again to the other side of the building also in 2005 and this is where I've worked for almost 4 years. This is a bigger office and I've shared it with still the same person and then there were 3 of us and then 2 of us and then 3 of us again.
And yes, we saw little birdies in that tree and we had a very close up view of the helipad which I probably should've taken a picture of but didn't.
It's to the left of that blocked off area.
And here are all those stairs.
I hope they at least keep this part...
It will be very weird to look up someday soon and not see this treasure.
4 comments:
aw, man. andypants and i have a love affair with old buildings...what a shame to see that go :(
Well that's it, you have GOT to come out here in the fall with the gorgeous leaves, do some apple picking and drive around the area. There are amazing old buildings (mostly brick) here. Old shops, clock towers, churches...
So, when do you get here?
ps-I too heart old buildings which is one reason I love New England!
lucky...we have very few old buildings here...neat pictures :)
jtaco-you need to come visit too! (:
Post a Comment