Where was I? Oh yes, gem. I don't know why I've neglected sharing this with you for so long, surely not intentional. Perhaps I just take it for granted. Yes, I really do. In fact, I ran out of this stuff before Christmas and I actually called my mom and asked her if she "happened" to get this for us for Christmas and could I please have it early? I had clues...She mentioned that she had gotten some for my sister-in-law so I figured, maybe me. And then she also said she bought some for herself so I figured at the very least, I could borrow hers. And I was right, she actually had to UNwrap it because it had been included with another gift.
Man, I'm really building this up pretty well, aren't I? tee-hee.
I've grown up with this stuff thanks to my Canadian roots and you can't buy it here in the USA. We either have my relatives buy it for us or we get it while in Canada or last resort, buy it online.
What is it? Wouldn't you like to know?
It's the 'you can use it for just about anything' ointment. Colds, runny noses, muscle soreness, chapped lips, congestion, tension headaches, dry/chapped skin and the list goes on and on and on. Vicks rub has NOTHING on this stuff. Nothing.
Rawleigh Medicated Ointment. A little goes a LONG way. Seriously, start with a little because it's pretty strong.
Camphor, Menthol, Oil of Eucalyptus. Ahhhh....
Put some on your nose, under your nose for nasal congestion relief, be sure to have a tissue ready. It really clears out congestion. Rub some on your throat and upper chest, back and forehead, for sore throats and overall congestion.
I sometimes rub it on the bottom of the feet at night in the winter, put some socks on and it's just so relaxing, it's unbelievable. I also rub some behind my ears when I have a tension headache which helps immensely.
I haven't ordered anything else from them but I just might have to since I know how well this stuff works. Plus, they've used this same sweet tin design for years.

I do use this on the kids too, sparingly.
Wow, I think they should pay me for this wonderfully written commercial! ;)
Seriously, buy some.
5 comments:
ok, seriously?!?!? that sounds great. i've been congested to the point i can't smell anything since before Christmas(frustrating), i'm checking it out.
Once you read the detailed descriptions on their website, you'll be convinced.
If you put alot on your face, it will make your eyes water so be careful. (:
You can even scoop out some and heat it (very carefully)spread it on a cloth and wrap it around your neck like a scarf. My mom did this for me once as a kid (well probably more than once but I remember one time...) and I'm pretty sure it konked me right out. (in a good way) (:
Oh and yuck to all that congestion for so long, Tenny! Hope you feel better soon.
ok, we need this here!! i have been rubbing vicks on the kiddos' feet at night to quiet their coughs, but THIS sounds like what we really need, especially for congested andypants. thanks for the advertisement, i mean, suggestion :)
velvet-do you remember Jen having this in college? Just curious. I remember Jen giving Val 2 containers of this for her wedding. (:
vicks-not so much.
Post a Comment