Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I dare you to move


(peaches/strawberries/OJ/yogurt/ice/stevia smoothie)

Remember my 'mission' post regarding fitness back in May? Well, I've been all over the place with the exercising ever since. Things changed for me last week though...

I joined up with some ladies (over 20 of us) from our church and am doing a 'biggest loser' challenge for 12 weeks. We weigh in each week at home and send our weights to one person who happens to be a fitness instructor and she calculates our % of weight loss each week and then after the 12 weeks, we find out the winner and all go out to eat to celebrate. The dieting and exercise are up to each individual. This is all the motivation I need. I want to be on the top of the list with the best results each week!

I lost 3 pounds last week and was #5 on the list for % of weight loss. I've tweaked my diet and have a goal to exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. The fitness instructor encouraged us to start out our second week and decide to change one thing. So, I've added strength training for my arms this week and will continue to do that going forward.

I'm thinking twice about my food choices and am looking forward to exercising so I can lose this dreadful winter weight once and for all!!

I'll keep you updated on my 'biggest loser' journey.

7 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

hey, good for you! that sounds really fun, actually. it is sooo much easier to be motivated with other people...i have kind of fallen off the exercise bandwagon too - it's so hard to do it EVERY day when you have little kids.

my favorite part is that you are all going out to eat to celebrate the weight loss :)

Tenny said...

that smoothie looks great!! i, too, am trying(though unsuccessfully) to eat better and exercise more. Yogurt has been a mainstay for me when i do. (obviously i have a plethora of milk to use up, too). congrats on the weight loss!! and i agree, having a bit of competition ALWAYS helps.

no i'm not competitive at all.... he he.

Mary Beth said...

velvet- I do 30 minutes total but usually in 10 or 15 minute segments which is a pain but it's more manageable.
Dinner: I know! I thought, man, I'll probably gain it all back in one meal. Hee-hee :)

Tenny-Are you making your own yogurt? And yup, it's really my pride motivating me. :)

CALAMITY JANE said...

yeah, i like the competition aspect too...mb, maybe i'll try the 10/15 min. at a time thing...

Tenny said...

yup, making my own yogurt. (i did before we had goats, too)it's really not hard. and i have a great new pancake recipe that uses 1 pint of it(i make a 1/2 gallon of yogurt at a time). i try to eat yogurt for "Dessert," too. with some berries and local raw honey(traded with a friend for goat's milk).

i like the 10/15 idea. so much more manageable.

jtaco said...

good for you!!! I haven't done a thing this summer and it just kills me! A year ago I was in the best shape of my life now I'm probably in the worst shape of my life :( Brian and I both need to get back into it. But, with 4 kids and homeschooling I can hardly keep my head above water as it is! My biggest problem...staying up late! It's my only quiet time and I love it, but pay for it the next day. Keep us posted on how it's going. Maybe you doing this will be the motivation I need :)

Mary Beth said...

jtaco-I understand where you're coming from...When I homeschooled Rachel and just doing one kid, I felt like I was barely 'treading water'.
I plan to share more of what I'm doing and what's working for me schedule-wise and food-wise.

You can do it!!! :)