WRONG! I'm bringing back an oldie but way goodie. I don't think I've made this in about 6-7 years for no other reason than I kind of forgot. Sad but true. I got this off of a tv show eons ago and my dear friend, velvet, affectionately named it "chooch" and thus it's been called ever since. This is a great cookout food served with tortilla chips and I just had to share right before we celebrate the 4th in case someone wants to make it! You do need access to a microwave to heat it up though. I don't have pics because I'm making it later this week. Be sure to check out my layered salad and pink salad recipes if you're needing some celebratory dishes this weekend. (:
Chooch
Ingredients:
15 oz. jar of salsa
15 oz. can of chili
8 oz. tub of cream cheese (room temp)
16 oz. tub of sour cream
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, depending on how much you want!
Directions:
1. Mix together salsa and chili in separate bowl. Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in another separate bowl.
2. In serving dish, layer with 1/2 white mixture, then 1/2 red mixture, then 1/2 shredded cheese.
3. Repeat step 2 ending with the rest of shredded cheese on top.
4. Microwave until dip is hot all the way through, probably 3 minutes or so. Serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping.
This looks really pretty in a glass dish. Let the love of Chooch begin! (:
And, Happy Independence Day everyone!!
3 comments:
chooch!! oh how i love thee! lots of fond memories around the dear bowl o' chooch :)
"chooch"...that's quite a name :) Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'd love a bowl right now! :) I just went to the store today, so I'll have to remember it for next time. We're having a big cookout Friday and this would've been great. Are you doing anything for the 4th?
jtaco-I'm trying to find a parade to go to in the am, lots of towns cut back this year. Then, we're heading to my parent's house for a cookout with the fam.
Post a Comment