Thursday, July 3, 2008

a little switch-a-roo



A few months ago we found out that we'd be receiving free bunkbeds, yay! We were thrilled because we want the girls to share a room together when Emma gets a little older. So, I kind of let Rachel's room get messy knowing that we'd be changing it all (and it drove me crazy). Our plan was to take apart Rachel's current bed (which was my old bed and full size) and store it somewhere and put the bunks in her room.

The bunks arrived and I was inspired by a friend who had rearranged rooms in her house and I thought, wait a second...My big idea, to switch the girls' rooms. Move Rachel into Emma's room and move Emma into Rachel's room while keeping the full size bed intact. It actually worked and doesn't look half bad either!

Rooms before the switch:

Emma's sweet little nursery







Rachel's room


I'm getting curtains for that closet, someday!





And after:

Rachel's new room



New twin bedding is on the way!




Emma's new room



I'm getting curtains for that closet, someday!


3 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

LOVE it! their rooms are sooo cute. and so much easier for you not to have to move that bed!
ps - my boys have bunk beds (they share a room) and i love it!

jtaco said...

I think their rooms look better the new way :) What a project!! Way to go!

Mary Beth said...

velvet-I can't wait for them to share a room. They'll probably go back into the purple room for more space and we'll make the pink one a guestroom-probably paint another color. (:

jtaco- me too! Rachel's room was just atrocious, now everything has it's place and we got rid of stuff too.