Sunday, July 6, 2008

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens



This girl is determined to give me a full head of white hair within the next year. I fully expect to find her on the kitchen table any time now. It hasn't happened yet but I'm bracing for it. She not only has found the power button on the tv but has also figured it out on the remote as well. I've also found myself recently saying things like, "No hitting your sister. No pushing. Don't step on your sister's head." Yeah, did I mention that she's ONE?!?
Besides her 'wascally wabbit ways', she's super cuddly, loves to mimic, completely collapses when you tickle the tops of her shoulders, and has this twinkle in her eye that can stop you in your tracks. Bottomline: She's FUN!!

Here are a few of Emma's favorite things.

This is a bonus, climbing and doing it in Rachel's room.


Another combo picture: climbing and pointing. She points to everything she wants now. "Hey look over here so you don't notice that I've pushed the chair away from the table and am standing on it." (loose translation)


She has made it very clear that these are the eating utensils to feed her and for her to try to feed herself. DO NOT try to use baby oriented forks and spoons, she gets very offended and will not eat.


Getting chip bags out, she hasn't tried to eat them yet, she just walks around with the bags.


Maybe I should add multi-tasking because this is 3 in 1. She loves this corner of the step from the kitchen into the sunroom. We've moved the table into Rachel's room but she still hangs out there near the toybox. She's also started to suck her thumb alot lately since I've cut back on bottles. And, she loves carrying around these toy tools and "fixing" things.



Her very ultimate favorite thing right now is reading books. Anytime. Anywhere.



4 comments:

jtaco said...

How fun to watch them become their own little person. The "big girl" fork and spoon is a crack up! Sounds like you've got your hands full :) Too bad we live so far away. It'd be sooo fun to watch the girls play together. I'm afraid it'd be play dates all week long! :)

CALAMITY JANE said...

um, here did your baby go? you now have a toddler! good luck :) i love how she is so into everything, and so independent. her personality is really coming out!
ps - love the new blog layout!

CALAMITY JANE said...

oops, i meant 'where'
:)

Mary Beth said...

jtaco- we would never get anything done! (:

velvet-toddler at 13 months! I'm still tweaking the blog layout but I just needed a change. (: