Monday, February 9, 2009

who's that girl with the brand new 'do'? it's me, it's me.

Ok, the 'long' awaited reveal...

Recent picture of me with my natural hair color.


5 inches off, major thinning of hair and 'sunrise' blonde highlights and copperish lowlights.



This one is less styled-I simply just used the blowdryer and my fingers.

For a more chic look, I'd have to spend a little more time blowdrying with a brush. This is how my hairdresser styled it.


I have no idea how I'm going to maintain this after my hair starts growing out. I definitely want to keep the cut but it's the color that will be a problem. Mucho dinero problem that is. I supposed I'll probably just color it later on but as a friend said,"but it looks so pretty..."

I'm not going to worry about it now though. I absolutely love it and am sooo thankful my hubs is so super sweet!

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i LOVE that color on you!! wow. you look amazing! and what a great cut! you look really pretty with that layered style. about the color upkeep, hmm, i'm not sure...since i usually just do one color all over, it's easy to do myself. but highlights might be tougher...maybe you just have to have a splurge every once in a while :) man, i so hear you on the dinero part :)
ps - love the title!!
pss - what does adam think of it?

jtaco said...

Looks great! Isn't it too bad that our hair doesn't always stay that way after getting it done :( I've not heard of any good over the counter highlights out there. If I do, I'll let you know. Wish there were :) I get coupons for my haircolor in the Sunday paper. It's the only paper I buy because there's so many coupons. I get 3 newspapers, so if there's a product I want, I can get 3 of them with the coupons :)

Tenny said...

i LOVE it! it looks really natural(The color) and what a great treat in the middle of the winter! i too am no help on the re-highlighting part. i've done it myself before. my sister and i used to have a "party" and from one box do mine and hers(her hair is SUPER thing). ben did it to me once. it took him FOREVER, but he did a great job(no surprise at his perfectionist nature). of course, he promptly said he would not be doing that again. if we could find a courageous babysitter(you know 5 kids), i could try my hand at it(that is, if we found a good at home kit).

Mary Beth said...

velvet-I had to pay some homage to some of the funniest SNL skits in years. (: My hubs loves it so we're all happy.
jtaco-good tip on the coupons, we should get the newspaper to help with kindling too. (:
tenny-we should try a little hair party sometime, that'd be fun! (:

Thanks for your feedback too. I have to say I really am enjoying the new 'do' and realizing I need ALOT less shampoo. (: