Monday, February 16, 2009

what's love got to do with it?

We had issues getting online this weekend and are finally back.

We're not huge Valentine's Day people but over the past few years I've gotten into it a bit more just for something fun for the girls.

I got this at the dollar store to put up on the kitchen window.


We also got these little pups at the dollar store.



Hubs and I just exchange cards and my favorite part is that he gets the girls Valentine's cards every year too. (:

For dinner I made my white/red chili (I add tomatoes, can't help it!) and sopped the juices with fresh out of the bread machine, gluten free bread (Pamela's brand-the best I've tried so far) and for dessert, plain strawberry jello mixed with coolwhip and then I used a heart shape cookie cutter for extra coolwhip on top. Yummy!


3 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i prefer pamela's bread mix, too. (that's what we used for the pizza dough in my valentine's post.) i wish i could make a really good bread from scratch, but i'm still not there yet :)

Tenny said...

i'm SO glad someone else doesn't buy into the valentine's day thing. cards, flowers and of course, FOOD: that's what we usually do too:) and yummy! the food looks good.

Mary Beth said...

Velvet-I'll have to try it for the pizza crust, we haven't made pizza in months. I can't afford to get all the ingredients to do it from scratch anyway!

Tenny-yeah, it's all about the food really. A nice excuse to have some good old winter comfort food. (: