Tuesday, September 16, 2008

crooked little smile on her face, tells a tale of grace that's all her own


This girl is a thrill-seeker, lover of animals and would live outside if she could. She giggles whenever I give her fruit and she tries to sing along with us by just going, "ahhh" as loud and long as she can.
She can say a few words now. Dadda, hot, hi, all done (ehh dehh), Mumm Mumm, Emma, and Rachel (kind of like, go-go). She added another word yesterday...

Yesterday morning I knew she was really hungry because she actually went to her high chair and pointed to it. I put her in and went to get her oatmeal ready so I had my back to her. She sounded like she was saying, "all done" which didn't make sense so I went over to see what she was doing. She was actually bowing her head and whispering (making sss-sshh sounds) and lifting her head up and saying, "ahh dehh" which is slightly different from "all done" which is "ehh dehh". I realized that what she was doing was praying and then saying "amen". She got me. It was the sweetest thing ever.

4 comments:

Tenny said...

that is SO adorable! and of course, i love how you phonetically spell everything. because yes, there is a difference(even to most people there is not).

jtaco said...

sooo precious! I love this stage our girls are in :) I try to soak up all I can because it's gone before you know it! And the pony tail picture is great. Emma has way more hair than Naomi!

CALAMITY JANE said...

oh my goodness gracious. she is so little and precious!! i would have had to take a bite out of her right then and there, that is so sweet :)

ps - this is totally unrelated, but today i had my oven repaired, and the repairman looked just like adam!!

Mary Beth said...

velvet- so that's where he was...(: