Lastly, eat more legumes. Legumes is a weird word so I looked it up. Legumes are a pod, such as that of a pea or bean, that splits into two valves with the seeds attached to one edge of the valves. (technically peanuts are a legume)They are a good source of iron, fiber and protein. Examples include: dried beans, peas, and seeds (including navy, broad, butter, northern, pinto, red, and black beans, as well as chick peas, soybeans, and peanuts). I know that this in and of itself won't make me lose weight but increasing intake of water, fruit and legumes will help me be healthier and fill me up on the the good stuff rather than the bad stuff.
I have no pics for this post so here's a random photo of me at 18 months. What's even more random is that I found this in an old cd I pulled out to listen to; Rich Mullins: A liturgy, A legacy and a Ragamuffin Band...
2 comments:
i want to eat more, too! :)
i need to work on the legumes - maybe i'll make some mexican tonite with some beans.
ok...so, we just got back from an awesome week in Florida where it's beautiful, sunny, and WARM!!! It's now time for me to get in gear, eat healthier, and start working out again. Eating healthier is such a pain in my butt. I guess it's time to grow up though, and stop eating rice krispie treats for breakfast! :) Thanks for encouraging me :) Love the pictures of the girls too!!!
Post a Comment