Ok, this is what it is...(famous opener by Rachel) There's nothing like spending a day with a good friend and I had the opportunity to do that this past weekend. I have been friends with Becky since high school, we were bridesmaids in each other's weddings and even swapped maternity clothes, so you get the picture. But, we don't get to see eachother often, we live in the same state now (for awhile there she was on the west coast) but kind of far away. So we've found a halfway point to meet up which we were doing fairly regularly and then Emma came along and it had been over a year since we saw eachother last.
What do we do? We meet for lunch, sometimes go to a movie if there's anything worth seeing or something we know our hubs won't like, walk around the mall and shop, stop by Dairy Queen for a moo-latte (soo good) and if there's time and it's dangerous because we both love books, but we stop at Borders. (This time I discovered a new favorite store, Trader Joe's, more about that on another post). We catch up on our lives and families and just whatever. I always come home a better wife and mom because I've been out of the house for a while and hanging out with a good friend reminds me of parts of myself from yesteryear. (Huh? It makes sense in MY head!)
Whether you have a new friend or 'an oldie but goodie', I highly recommend taking some time out and even if it's just coffee for an hour, get together. My spirits were lifted greatly to spend time with a dear friend and it was a lovely great escape.
1 comment:
i agree!! i wish i lived closer so we could hang out like the old days! ps - i love trader joe's - it's pretty much my main grocery store these days :)
Post a Comment