Ok, first I have to mention 3 things from my previous blog regarding my pics because I just can't get over it! One, as my mom put it, I looked sallow (of a sickly yellowish hue or complexion) and now I'm pink and rosy looking. Two, my eyes are crystal clear and lighter, I don't think they've been this color since I was a kid. Third, I had puffiness over my eyelids and now that's almost gone. I really didn't think I had changed this much until I compared pics. I also have to admit that I haven't exercised one iota in the last month. So what's with the change? Well, bear with me, it's going to be long but hopefully worth it. (:
About a month ago, a fellow blogger friend had posted some symptoms that she and her son were experiencing and I thought, hmm, I have those. She said that they were cutting out gluten and casein from their diet. The same day that I read her post I was at the library and there on the recommended readings table was Gluten Free Girl, so I picked it up. I couldn't believe the descriptions she had in her book, they fit me in sooo many ways. I've felt completely lousy for 2+ years. Then I read that sometimes major things kick gluten issues into gear; trauma from an accident, pregnancies, miscarriage, and surgery. I've had 3 out of the 4 in these past 2+ years. Definitely things that could explain my fatigue, foggy mind, puffy and bloated, and just so sluggish, I never want to do anything which just isn't me.
For a while I thought I was depressed but that didn't explain my bloating and never ending "pinging" and "warbling" going on. I've thought, is this just how I am now? What is wrong with me? I never thought about food because I've been eating what I've always been eating. But I have thought, why can't I digest anything anymore? Throw in a recent pregnancy, c-section, and then a newborn and then it's like, well, that's a lot to deal with so that's why I don't feel well and am exhausted.
I've been about 99% gluten free now for about a month (I'm not doing the sans casein) This means no cereal, bread, pasta, pizza, or baked goods. What?? How can anyone do that? Well, I've discovered wonderful gluten free alternatives. The picture above are gluten free brownies from a Trader Joe's mix. Yum! I've seen a major difference. The "pit" in my stomach feels mostly gone and I feel lighter. I've lost alot of the puffiness and bloating, my rings are much looser. If this isn't enough proof, I keep looking at my pics from my last post, it's unreal. I do not think I have celiac disease but definitely gluten intolerance.
Now here's the accountability part: I told myself that after a month if this works and I start getting energy back (both are true) then I will start exercising! So now I have to do it! I want to get in shape and if I lose pounds, so be it! (: I'm starting out slow, too much change at once will be too much for me. So for now, I'm just going to start with some pushups and some 'weak abs' exercises I found in a magazine.
The Lord answers prayer in the most uniques ways at times. I am so thankful. I can't wait to see what another month will bring!
2 comments:
i'm sooo proud of you!! i definitely see a difference in your pics. and i see differences in mine, too, since going off gluten. and my rings are looser, too :) and i will be right there with you on the exercise wagon! i feel sooo great now, since getting back into it (and my body is looking a lot more toned even with just a little bit of exercise per day). i am so glad you are feeling better!! :)
wow! that's great. and yeah, the "problem" now is exercise:) i'm having a similar problem with getting the motivation to do it too, i'm all for weak ab exercises:)
Post a Comment