
February 08-after one month gluten free

March 08-2 months gf

Ok so I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference this month in my face. I did realize that last time, I didn't use a flash and this time I did which makes my face look a little washed out. My eyes looks a little bigger but the biggest change for me is my hair! I can't believe how much it's grown in a month. I've been letting it grow out because it's free and I'm liking it! (:
Speaking of hair, you can check an old post in the 'me' section for more info but bottom line, I've had scalp issues for a long time. However, I've noticed a marked improvement in the past 2 months. Strange, don't you think? I think I've figured out why...
A long time ago I had looked up possible causes for scalp problems and of course there were a myriad of theories and remedies but nothing caught my eye. Looking back though, one does make sense. Malnutrition. When you can't digest gluten properly, you can't digest/absorb nutrients properly. Hence, bloating and puffiness, trying to hang on to anything that will nourish and sustain me. Well, now I'm on the road to better nutrition and absorption so my scalp is improving. I do not expect it to completely heal but I like what I'm seeing!
Second change, my workouts are actually effective. In the past few years, I have: joined a gym for 6 months, taken 2 different pilates classes, tried various workout videos, etc. I didn't really have results so yes, I gave up. Well, now I can see and feel a difference when I exercise. I'm starting to get toned and it's great. I've missed the last several days so I've got to get back on track but it's giving me a desire to keep going.
3 months=3 more? I hope so. (:
2 comments:
Lookin' good girl :) I also have fallen off course with the exercise. Naomi is getting over RSV, which zaped me and I slept in every morning. Time to get back on track! I'm not enjoying the temptation of Easter candy galore in my house either!!!! Have a great day!
that is so awesome! i can even see a change in the last 2 pix. i think you have hit the nail on the head with the malnutrition/gluten hindering nutrient-absorption. i have noticed similar changes to yours. just the other day, i was like, my hair is getting longer again and i just cut it like, a month ago! :) duh! also, i have seen sky's scalp probs (cradle cap) almost disappear in the last few months. and the exercise thing is really interesting...i'm so glad you are going gluten-free, too. very inspiring! you look great, btw! :)
Post a Comment