Wednesday, March 12, 2008

my great escapes-winter edition III


I love the library. It's great for kids: books, movies, music, puzzles, and those classic books with cassettes-with that slide projector beep noise indicating when to turn the page. Remember those in grade school? Good times. (:
However, it's a nice, free place for me too. It's quiet. Ahhh...Of course it has great books but also music, movies, documentaries, magazines, audiobooks, and puzzles. I've signed out Coldplay, Snow Patrol, and the Bangles-Greatest Hits. (: We also get movies and documentaries from time to time. As part of my fitness adventure, I got a pilates dvd this week. I've done a few pilates classes in the past so I knew what I was getting into! I highly recommend checking out your local library to shake up your workouts with something new.
Best of all, break away for an hour alone (if you can) to the library. Sit and enjoy a magazine, work on a puzzle, grab a book and relax. A little escape, right around the corner.
Beautiful view from the library parking lot.

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

what pilates dvd did you get?
and i love me some snow patrol!!
:)

jtaco said...

Libraries are GREAT places to go by yourself or even with the kids! I used to go a lot until they revamped the system here. I now have to pay $90/yr to go to the libraries in Lansing. My tax $ goes to a library (not in my town) that's the size of a bathroom, crumbling from the inside out, and it's only open 2x a week at the weirdest hours. AHHHH, government drives me nuts!!!! I refuse to pay the $ to go to the other ones. By the way....what beautiful scenery by yours :)

Mary Beth said...

jtaco-that is terrible. maybe it will change some day...
velvet-it's Shelly McDonald Caribbean Workout Pilates plus. It's got 4 workouts and they're pretty short so I do 2 at a time. They're rough but really good!

Tenny said...

oh the bangles! i love me some great 80s hits. (walk like an egyptian?!). i might have to try a little pilates, i'm doing a dvd right now, but well, i'm definitely bored.